Sunday, July 6, 2014

National Zoo

Mark and I are partial to the Columbus Zoo (in Ohio) since we grew up going there with our families and for school field trips, so The National Zoo had big shoes to fill. Although it is quite a bit smaller, it is really impressive. Tip: Park at the bottom of the hill so you're climbing up to see the animals you want to see and when you're exhausted, you're going down the hill to go back to your car.

Here are some pictures from our visit last weekend (click on the picture to make it bigger so you can see the animals)

I was fascinated with the lions. I had thoughts of "what if.." scenarios going on in my head. Eeeek.

These monster turtles were Lily's favorite!

holy moly, this guy was BIG






When we told Lily we were going to the zoo and asked her what she wanted to see she said "a pig!"
...how exciting


Hi, my little cutie 

1 comment:

  1. What fun. So glad you guys are getting out and seeing things! I think you're blessed to live where there's so much to see and do!

    ReplyDelete